Sunday, July 25, 2010

Reader's Corner: Soul of a Citizen

Every now and then I come across a book that's so inspiring that I can't put it down, and I can't stop recommending it.  Soul of a Citizen is one of those books.  Its filled with stories and strategies on how to get involved in your local community and inspire others to work for meaningful change.  If you've ever wondered whether one person could make a difference, Paul Loeb assures you that the answer is yes.  I'm using it with the college freshmen orientation class I'm teaching and I really think that it's going to inspire a lot of positive responses.  If you're an educator, pair this book with some community service and reflection and suddenly, your students will begin to learn that change IS possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment